Culture is shapeless but defines a company as we know it. There is no better analogy than dark matter to the universe. It naturally evolves on a mission. A mission that everyone in the company are fully aware and knows the leaders are committed to. It’s hard to define a culture w/o talking about mission. It’s usually a bi-product of a company mission. Please allow me to use Buddy as an example if I were to run it.
- Customer first
- We are to help them, not to make money from them
- We care about the product and give all we got for it. The leader should show it so the rest can follow.
- In order to succeed the team members need to help each other. The mission is more important than anyone.
- Company reward generously to goal achievers
- Company has 0 tolerance to those prevent the team from accomplishing the mission
(Image from layoutsparks)